Monday, November 26, 2007

The Problem With Monster and Careerbuilder

I am pift... yes, pift. I've recently been shopping my resume around as I am bored in my current position and want something a little more exciting. So I've created a profile on both Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com. It has been my recent experience that these web sites open you up to some questionable employment opportunities. Since when is multi-level marketing a position. I just clicked a link with no header on the page requesting my cell number and what provider I use. Why is that important on a job application. I think I benefit from my natural disposition of distrust and paranoia, so I don't fall for these "opportunities". But I am sure there are a number of people out there who are giving their personal information away to these less than reputable businesses. I know there is no way for the powers that be at these companies to screen every person who wants to give them money to post jobs, but this is ridiculous. Has anyone else had this experience. I think I want the newspaper back.

1 comment:

rachel said...

You should check out the new players emerging on the online recruiting scene that respect the privacy of candidates. For example, itzbig (www.itzbig.com) uses anonymous profiles instead of resumes to match candidates with positions. Only when candidates are in direct contact with a company will any personal data be shared...and you won't ever have to tell them what cell phone provider you use...